The current buzz is that referrals are on the way from China. For those who aren't familiar with how this process works, here are the steps:
1. Our file got matched with an available baby (this should have already happened)
2. Our referral (along with the other 4 families in our agency's travel group) will be sent with a picture & information about the baby.
3. This info is translated into English & we are called with basic information (aka 'The Call')
4. We will go to the agency to get our picture, file & letter of acceptance (LOA).
5. We sign the letter of acceptance once we are comfortable with the information provided (& have the medical information reviewed by an adoption specialist) & this gets sent back to China. Hopefully this part won't take more than a couple of days.
6. China then sends us an invitation called a Travel Approval (TA) allowing us to make our consulate appointment (CA) with the US Embassy in Guangzhou, China.
7. Once our CA is made, we can make our travel plans & start packing!!
Hopefully getting the above steps c0mpleted won't take more than about 4 weeks so we can have about 3-4 weeks notice after that before we travel. As soon as we get information I will post this. Hopefully this will be Tues or Wed at the latest.