Hintons 2015

Hintons 2015

Sunday, September 28, 2008

20th class reunion

This weekend was my 20th class reunion. It is so hard to believe that 20 years have passed since I left Amery High School! We had a fairly low turn out, of the approx 140 classmates only about 1/3 turned out. It was still fun to see everyone, some of who i have literally not seen since graduation day. Our class has had 3 people die which is sad for our age. The event consisted of an afternoon picnic & an evening dinner. At the picnic many brought their kids (of which Maddy was the youngest). I have at least one classmate with a child in college and many others with high schoolers. This was one time when I really felt the reality of us starting our family later in life. I do not really consider this a bad thing, just a little different from most of my peers.

We also went to Matt's grandma & grandpa's house for a couple of hours in the morning to help with the annual wood cutting & stock-up the cousins get together to do each fall. Maddy got to see some of her cousins, which she enjoyed.

Here are a few pictures-











4 comments:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

The reunion sounds like fun. I understand the realities of starting a family later in life, but am actually really happy that things happened exactly the way they did.

AmyO said...

Dave & I hit 17 years. It is amazing how time flies. We know of 1 friend that had a daughter graduate from high school this year...it is strange to just be starting out while others have teenagers.

Tracy said...

Looks like fun! My 20-year is next year, but I have connected with quite a few classmastes on Facebook. Surprisingly, although some have older kids - there are lots of young toddlers, too. Maybe my class just was a bunch that started late ;)

Dawn S. said...

We must be the same age as I blogged about this event in August! :) Our class was over 500 and we had about 150 or so show up so that is the way it goes, I guess!