Hintons 2015

Hintons 2015

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Paperchase blues

I haven't written much about our paperchase for our 2nd adoption so I thought I would give an update on where we are in the process. This time around various rules have changed mainly the fact that the US has now become compliant with the Hague Convention. This convention speaks to the treatment of children internationally related to adoption and tries to standardize the process country to country. To us this means more background checks & further scrutiny on our life in general.

We were hoping to have our dossier to China by November (known as the DTC or Dossier to China date), but at this rate we will be lucky if this happens by the end of the year or January. The new rules have only been in place since May so many of us that are applying now are essentially the Guinea Pigs for getting our paperwork done & into the USCIS for approval. Many of the agencies are getting a lot of questions back and this is delaying approvals. Ugh!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

What a pain - I'm sorry :(

Allie, Katie and Harper's Mom said...

Sorry Tanya! I know it's hard
but it will all work out!!!!!
I have to say, I loved all the
new pics of Maddy, she's just
beautiful!!! The pool pics were
so adorable!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Hugs,

Sindy